Class description and weekly schedule:
Thursday, April 4
· Understanding the mind: the shaping of shadow, early development from preverbal to social to now.
· The Truth of Suffering (4 Noble Truths & 8-Fold Path)
· Breathing consciously and entering into the inner dimensions of being.
· The Practice: Diaphragmatic Breath, Ujjayi (Victorious) Breath, Nadi Shodhanam (Purification of the nervous system)
Thursday, April 11
· Touching Shadow: learning how shadow controls lives
o Attending to Sensations, feelings, emotional spikes, thoughts, beliefs.
· The Practice: Constructing A Safe Place ~a guided meditation.
Thursday, April 18
· Welcoming Shadow: through observation & non-reaction (repression/expression) we can learn from Shadow
· Breath & Guided Meditation: Dialogue with Shadow
Thursday, April 25
· Meditation on Forgiveness: Ho’oponopono
· Forgiving self/Forgiving others
· Lovingkindness Meditation: Blessing self, other, Earth
Thursday, May 2
· Crafting a Practice that Works for YOU
· Mantra: a vessel for Meditation
· Walking Meditation Thich Nhat Hanh
· Stepping Forth